Sensei 2nd Degree Black Belt
Sensei Johnston has been training in Goshinkan Ju-Jitsu for eight years. Sensei Johnston trained in Jishin-Do Jiu-Jitsu, Ronin Ju-Jitsu and Bissett Combat Ju-Jitsu from 2012-2013 and achieved his orange belt in the style while in Halifax. Sensei Johnston also studied Sil-Lum Hung Gar Kung Fu for a year and hald in Halifax.
Sensei Johnston is often one of the best uke at every grading. Sensei Johnston was awarded the title of Senpai on November 22, 2014. Sensei Johnston is the fiftieth Goshinkan-Ryu black belt.
Sensei Johnston is a driven instructor certified to teach all level one Goshinkan program and the Adult, Shogun™ and Little Samurai™ programs. On January 26, 2018, Sensei Johnston passed the coveted Nidan test.
- Achieved Little Samurai™ & Shogun™ Instructor Program License
- PPPCT Instructor Level One
- Achieved Level One of Three Teaching License in Goshinkan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu style which includes Level One Instructor in the following: PPPCT System; Persuader Key Holder; High-Stress Sparring Drills; Simple Hold Escape System; Basic Self-Defense System; Little Samurai and Shogun.
- Persuader Key Holder™ Instructor
- Sensei Johnston’s current rank is recognized by AJJA (Alberta Jiu-Jitsu Association);
- Certified Goshinkan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu Instructor
- Holds the rank of Okappiki in Edo Machi-kata Taiho Jutsu, December 29, 2016
- Shodan in Can-Ryu Jiu-Jitsu, January 21, 2017
- Shoden Menkyo Goshinkan-Ryu Ju-Jitsu, January 21, 2017